Wisdom

I was speaking with a very wise lady that lives half way around the world from me. She said something to me that shook me to the total core. She said I do not want sympathy, I do not even want validation, I just want recognition for what I go through is real.
How very very true that is. I do not often talk with anyone about the trials and tribulations I go through on a daily basis. Just because I don't want people perceiving me as a whiner, or a negative nelly, or a attention seeker. But I would sure love if someone someday just said, I may not know what you are going through but I wish you the best. I have always liked the saying don't judge a person until you have walked a mile in their shoes. That is so true.
I wake up in the morning in pain, I have pain every second of the day, and at night my night is disturbed by pain. My neck hurts, my headaches are bad, my shoulders are in pain, my mid back, my lower back is always horrible, my hip and cause I walk funny cause of the hip and back my knee bothers me too and my ankles. Throw in there a diagnosis of fibromylgia and you get such extreme sensitivities that clothing on skin hurts. A wrinkle in a bedsheet can feel like a knife slicing into my skin. I hurt all the time. My doctor tells me that if I manage to get up in the morning and go back to bed at night that I have had a gold star day. No offence doctor but I want to live I don't want to merely survive.
It is hard because I can remember having energy, having fun, being able to do things. Now it is a major undertaking to just go up and down a flight of stairs. No one realizes that for me to get in a vehicle and go for a simple 2 hour drive, will leave me exhausted for days. No one realizes that I probably could not even walk a mile in someone elses shoes due to the pain. I have "friends" that tell me it is just a state of mind. That it is up to me to decide that I do not hurt, that I am not depressed, and that it will all just go away. Well those people hurt me the most cause it is not just a decision that you can make. It isn't. These same "friends" also remind me constantly that there are those that are worse off than I am. Do they think I do not realize this. Of course I do. However at some points in time you need to put yourself first.
So I go on daily surviving, I hope to get a smile or a laugh in at some point through the day. If I do that is good, if I don't it just is another day where according to my doctor I had a gold letter day.
So no I do not want your sympathy, I do not want your pity, I simply want a realization that everyone in this world has their own trials and tribulations and that we all need tolerence in dealing with those around us.
So the that wise lady that I talked to half way around the world, hats off to you. You are a very wise lady. Love ya.

Comments

AshleyS said…
Yes, very wise words. Thank you for sharing them with us. You are always in my prayers--love ya.

BTW--I TAG you. (See my blog).

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school