National Scrapbooking Day

Yesterday was national Scrapbooking Day. An a day to honor all of us addicts of scrapbooking or just another day for retailers to rake in the dough?
I registered a month ago for the evening crop at my local scrapbooking store. I never do days always the evening ones, with two little ones there is no way a day would work for me. When I get home in the afternoon after having had the kids to swimming lessons and going shopping and stuff there is a message saying. We hope you haven't forgotten the crop it started at 11. I phone back and say it starts at 6. She was none to happy with my, but it was their error. SO I get there at quarter to 6 and all the ladies are standing around outside the store. Even the instructor. Seems the day leader left before 5:30 and the night leader doesn't have keys to the store. So we stand around waiting till seven to get in. Since I was an unexpected participant on the night leaders part, there was no goodie bag for me. On top of that other than the 10% off you get at any crop there was no scrapbooking sale at all.
I worked on my sons ABC album and did one other page. Then at 11 the night leader comes in and says to start packing up as we need to be totally out of the store by 12. Now this was supposed to run from 6 to 12. I have never been kicked out of there before 12 and especially when we started an hour late. To make the whole night worthwhile I won two prizes though. A set of doodle markers and a bath kit.
Some of you have wondered about my post on winning the lottery. No we did not win it. And yes even if I had won it I would still scrapbook and still be on scrapjazz.
A neighbor called last night when I was gone to invite me over for tea and to ask about scrapping. My darling husband says oh she is out scrapping. But go to scrapjazz to check out all the info you need. SO now my most private place has a next door neighbor on it. Not to sure what to think of that.

Comments

Broken Beth said…
Ugh on the neighbor thing it would make me feel a little weird aslo!
Nancyroo said…
Oh, Oscar! Sorry that they couldn't get it together at your LSS. And the neighbor thing would annoy me too.
Kristin K Stock said…
Darn it about the neighbor. That would make me a little teed off myself.
Kristin K Stock said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school