Changing World

Time does not stand still. It sure moves on. And with that the world changes with it. A very small village that I grew up in is considering dissolving itself from village status. That just seems unbelievable to me. Sure it is a little place when school was in 550 were in town, when school was out there were 50 in town. That was the joke when I was growing up. I guess things have not grown there. There is more government money to help the place out if it reverts back to an improvement district versus a village. And it sounds like it is going to happen. I want to get a picture of the village sign before it disappears for evermore though. I remember being in grade 5 meeting an old old old lady that the village was named after. I don't quite remember the whole story but I do remember thinking that was so neat that the place was named after her. Last night it hit the national news that there is a wildfire burning out of control just a couple of miles from where I grew up. It seems surreal that if the wind increases or shifts that it could all be gone. On top of that we are having record breaking temps right now. It hit 26 yesterday and is supposed to hit 27 today. Pretty dang hot for May.
Blogger challenge from Beth today was if you could move away from where you are today would you. If I could move south to where it is warm year round I would be gone in a heart beat. My kids and hubby and I would sell lock stock and barrel and be gone. No qualms no regrets no looking back. To me palm trees in January are magic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school