Digital world is taking over




Just a thought.
Everything is electronic or digital or computer now. Or at least it seems that way. Are you shocked when a store only accepts cash, or a few stores around here now are saying they will only take electronic payments.
It all seems crazy to me.
During the summer a friend from Montreal came to visit. She had a time with counting change, even though she is Canadian due to the language barrier. Later on a friend from Australia came. She had trouble with change due to the sizes and colors of it. She was horrified that we can alter our money here. We have the penny presses that alter an American penny with a loony of our money and put a place name on them. Apparently in Australia it is illegal to alter money. They also have plastic money. It lasts way longer. Apparently Australians swim with their wallets more than us so the plastic money is safer. It would be good here for the washing machine cycle.
Back to the penny presses. Even though we are Canadian the machines are obviously manufactured in the States as they only will work on an american penny. They are always provided. I have a bunch from when we used to travel in the states and I try to get ones from here in Canada where I go. Now that the kids are older they too want their own. It is need to have the pressed pennies.
Now the question does everyone know what I am talking about or do I need to post a pic?


Here are some pics.




Comments

Leslie said…
I know what you're talking about. I can't tell you how many pressed pennies we've had over the years and now with my own children!
Georgina said…
I have absolutely no idea what you mean!! LOL - Its illegal to alter money in Britain too and you can go to prison for it. I know what you mean about the digital age though - especially with the future of plastic. On our news last night they were showing a new invention that with some research could replace a lot of what we know today - we could have digital labels in clothes etc. I'll have to see if I can find a link and post on SJ. In the meantime am intrigued at what a penny press is!!
Kim said…
I did a layout in 2004 that has slots for the pressed pennies we did at the zoo in Honolulu!

http://www.scrapjazz.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=93918
Cheyenne said…
Say what?
Oscar T. Grouch said…
I will take some pics of them and post.
They are tourist attraction things.
Paula... said…
LOL yep it's a criminal offence to deface money over here. The plastic notes are fantastic through the washing machine LOL - yep I've done it sooooo many times :-P

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince