First Blizzard of 2007


Well the weatherman was NOT wrong for once, we got a blizzard. Snow and high winds causing high windchills. Went from around 0 yesterday to a -26 windchill today. brrrr. Lots of blowing snow and drifting. Driving is not pretty. And you still get the idiots that won't turn their lights one. Get a life, when visibility is bad you need them on. My little Sidekick 4x4 came in handy today battling some of the drifts. However being a small one with these winds it tosses me around. I am glad I filled up with gas yesterday, the extra weight really helps. While I was at the gas station an older man was filling up at the pump on the opposite side of the one I was using. He could have been Grizzly Adams. The beard, the touque pulled down, the ram-shackle pickup truck. He is making conversation and tells me. "Them theres a northerner blowing in. A young filly like you should be hunkered down in front of a fireplace." I could not agree with him more. Made me smile, it totally did. The picture is from one of the road cams on our highways from this morning.

Comments

Cheyenne said…
Throw some of that snow our way would ya please?
Add me to the list for wanting snow!!!! Glad you could get around!
Paula... said…
Na!!! you can keep your snow - we're sweltering at the moment LOL.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince