Unconnected Musings of the Day

A favorite restaurant of mine. Let me see that would be one of the few occasions that I get to go out and not have to cook. With a husband that is on the road eating out all the time, when he is home the last thing he wants is to go eat out. He wants a home cooked meal. Some dishes I love though, Chinese food, the mushroom burger at Red Robin, Red Lobster I love seafood, Mario's has an awesome hot hot hot calmarie that they do. Joey's Only has an all you can eat shrimp night. For fast food it would have to be Wendy's. For all my US friends if you don't have these chains in your country poor you.

Something I do for myself. A blog challenge. I am always looking after others and doing stuff for others first. When do I do something for me. This is hard, I work almost full time, I am a single mom all week long, I have a sick mom and an elderly MIL that I try to look out for, I live in daily pain and am tired constantly. I guess the last thing I really did for me that was huge was to appeal a lawsuit decision that was just not right. Even though we won the appeal I am still financially worse off than I was before the appeal. But the decision was so wrong that I just could not let it stand.
The other thing I do JUST FOR ME is once a month I go to a scrapping crop by myself so that I can gab with other women and just scrap to my hearts content.
Living in hockey country when you are not a hockey fan is a hard thing to do. It really is. One time I like is the Anaheim Mighty Ducks. Why do I like them? Cause disney made a mockery out of professional hockey by forming the team. However right now they are down 3 games to none to the Edmonton Oilers. My neighbors to the north.
Respect, tradition mean a lot to me. They really do. When the Oilers were playing the San Jose Sharks the Canadian Anthem got booed terribly in San Jose. What would you expect a bunch of Red Neck Albertans to do in retailiation. I would have expected booing the US anthem. BUT NO> Alberta comes through with flying colors on this one. The Albertans sing along to the US anthem and literally belt out O'Canada. I bet more people have learned the anthem over this ruckus than ever knew it before. Respect tradition the backbone of Canadians. With a little hockey thrown in on the side.

Comments

Nancyroo said…
I love all the same chains you do- except Joey's. We don't have that here. YUM!
AshleyS said…
I'm a huge fan of Red Lobster, but I don't like seafood (??) I always get the fried seafood platter. I really just love their salads and biscuits!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school