Service..... is it a thing of the past?

Sometimes I sit and wonder what ever happened to service and courtesy. It just blows me away that it is not a given now, but an exception. My friend Kim made the comment that in the states whenever she said Thank You the reply was Uh HUH. Here in Canada the reply is No Problemo. What happened to You are Welcome, or it was my pleasure. Going out to a restaurant today. It was pasta Tuesday. Seven of us go from work. We ordered at 12:10 we got the meal at 1:03 after having asked to speak to the manager. No apology was offered just the reasoning that since it was pasta Tuesday the chef was behind. How does that explain two other tables of four coming in after us and getting served and finished and leaving even before we got our dishes served. No service. I will not be in a rush to go back there any time soon. Or asking for help in a store. And hearing back, thats not my department. What about offering, to call someone for you. Or let me find out for you. I waitressed years ago putting myself through college. I worked my butt off attempting to get good tips. Now lots of restaurants just add it on, like there is no choice in the matter. Whether there was reason for tipping or not.

Do people think that when they are talking on cell phones that a plastic bubble pops up and shields them from the rest of the world. I officially say I hate cell phones, they are rude rude rude. Or should I say the people that use them are. No I don't want to hear about your latest hot date last night and what he could do with his tongue, no I don't want to hear about the sick dog. I am there trying to eat my lunch shut up would you.

I must be in a liquid mode right now. On my desk in front of me is a half drunk cup of tea, a bottle of water almost empty, a coke can almost full, and a jar of orange juice dead centre in the middle. Think I am thirsty or just not knowing what I want to drink?

Comments

Kristin K Stock said…
I am with you on this one buddy. Service is GONE.....

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school