Tired Tuesday

Tiredness is seeming to become my mantra lately. Gotta do something about that.

Letter home from school yesterday from the public health board. A kid in my daughters schools has a confirmed case of measles. Letter is to notify of it. Immunization charts will be checked.

And then the tracing begins. As my daughter was in contact with them, they have to pin down the time period that it was contagious, and then backtrack with every single source that the child came in contact with looking for more cases. Now the fact that I do activities with my kids, and I have a son in daycare, and I work full time, and and and, it just goes on and on. Trying to even remember where all we were, and where we could have exposed others is a huge remembering job. I pray that the child that currently has the outbreak of the measles does not get the serious form of it. I hope they recover fully. I wonder if the parents will then believe in immunizations after that. There is a very small chance that DD and DS could still get a mild case it is very remote thank heavens.

Our health care systems are overburdened as it is. Wait times are rediculous, and things that use extensive manpower like this are useless in my mind. Newspaper says it all started on a flight back in April, and then a pair of young twins got it, and now they have passed it on. I wonder how far it will go.

Lets just say it adds another layer of stress to my already overstressed mind.

Comments

Leslie said…
here's to hoping for NO MEASLES! just get those shots people...it helps in the long run...geez. insert a roll eyes smilie here

hope your wednesday isn't a weary one!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school