Passport Update # 7

DH got his passport yesterday and not without issue.

We got the slip in the mail box Monday that said there was a registered parcel waiting for him. The address typed on the slip, was crossed out and the address of the normal post office I go to was hand written in. He goes there and they can't find it, so the call the second alternate address and they can't find it, finally he has the girl call every PO outlet that receives mail and they found it, way across town. So he goes and he gets it. He has his passport.

I got through yesterday on the phone line, I have been calling forever and this was only the second time ever. The message said 24 people ahead of me. 1 hour 45 minutes later I get through to the person. He asks me one question for confirmation and then says it will go back in for processing. I ask how long for processing he says 45 days. OMG. Our trip is planned for August 11, I hope to heck I have it before then. He tells me if I don't have it 14 days prior to depature to take my proof of travelling down to Calgary and wait in line there (7 hours or so) and they will issue a temp one. The thing is we are driving on a road trip, what kind of proof of travel can I provide? He says well you don't need a passport to drive across the border yet. I know but I need my birth certificate and you have it. Oh he says. arggggggggggg

I want my passport ASAP so we can start planning our trip, or should I say to heck with the great US of A, and just stick to Canada? I really really really want to see old faithful and yellowstone national park. I really really really want to.

However it may not be in my future this year.

Comments

Unknown said…
Argh,what a mess re the passport. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :) I really hope everything works out for you sweetie.
Hugs
Lynn

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school