Thursday Night Saga

I took insurance out on my vette. I was going to go to the Thursday night cruise in after I went to the gym. I talked to my DH earlier in the afternoon telling him of my plans. Mom was going to take the kids for a few hours. To let me have some me time. He casually mentioned he had hurt his Paw as he put it. His left Paw, which coincidentally he is left handed. I gave him the lecture he should get it checked out, oh no its fine. You all know how men are. Well I left work grabbed two kids and went and dropped them off at Mom's. First words out of Moms mouth were did Myles get ahold of you he is coming in to get his arm looked at. He is looking for you. So there goes my evening. Then things really get interesting. He does not answer his truck phone, nor his cell phone. I wait and wait and wait. I figured he would be coming to the house to get me to drive him to the hospital. I know he hates driving his big work truck in the city. And since one hand is hurt it would be even worse. I am still calling and calling. No answers. I wait and wait. Finally decide to go up to the hospital myslef. Yup, there is his big truck in hospital parking. So being the smart one I am, I stick my busness card under the wiper, and go off in search of him. Well, at the first info desk he is a patient in emergency, by the time I finally get to emergency, the desk can't find a patient by that name, after about 20 minutes, they tell me he is discharged. Well his truck is here???, so I walk all the way back to the parking area and as I am coming out the doors of the hospital I see him paying the parking guy, I am hauling ass and waving my arms and away he goes. So he slowly circles and goes out the parking lot, and around the edge and there I am again hauling azz and waving my arms, away he goes.
SO I go pick up the kids, and go home, no Myles at home, no message other than mine on the machine. WTH is going on. I call his Mom and tell her he is probably on the way out there for the night. The work truck will have to be returned.
SO I didn't get to go to the gym, I didn't go to my cruise night, and my sweetie is hurt and I have no clue about the seriousness of it.
About a hour later he finally calls me. He is ticked that his Mom and my Mom even mentioned it to me, he didn't want me to know he was even going in, and he did not even know I was looking for him. MEN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Well I phoned the house but no one answered, thats what the answering machine is for idiot. He never even saw my card on his wiper. arggggg.
So it is too swollen to know just what happened to it. It may be cracked wrist it may just be a bad sprang, or it may be break. He has to wait till next friday for the swelling to go down and get it xrayed again. Do to it being workers comp, he is back at work with modified duties. I worry about my sweetie.

Comments

Lori Petticrew said…
grrrrrrrr.....i would have flipped out on him. glad he is okay
Anonymous said…
Ouch! I hope that heals quickly. But on another note . . . MEN!
Noel said…
Oh no....! I hope it's nothing serious and what a total bummer your evening got derailed! Hope you can pick another day soon for some "me time", we all need that!
Neen and Mike said…
OMG... what a pain. Just missing him at the hospital too and not knowing whats going on. I would be flipping out... hope all is ok and his hand is on the mend.
Cheyenne said…
Yes, we all worry about our sweeties.
Jenny said…
We women do worry, don't we? Hope he's better soon

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school