Today is the day

This afternoon my three year old little boy gets his results back from his last round of hearing tests. I am a might bit anxious about it. He talked late, he has had lots of problems with fluid on his ears, bulging ear drums, not draining properly, and with all his allergies there is lots of fluid. We have been following this closely every couple of months for over two years now. Sometimes I think the doctors enjoy scaring us, but I know better. He had the test done in April, but it takes this long to get the results back. Gotta love our health care system. Although for his 3 year old check up with the GP she said he was talking very well for a 3 year old boy. That made me feel a little better. I compare him to his older sister (I know I shouldn't) but she was talking in perfectly understandable sentences by 18 months. I want to have a healthy, happy little guy. Well actually I want him to grow and gain so he is not quite so little either. Am I asking for too much. I hope not.
I managed to find the supply list for daughter grade one class on the net this morning. Wow do they need a lot of stuff. I was kind of shocked by it all. When I started grade one we had one box of crayons and one bottle of yellow glue. DO they even make that any more?
For grade one now you need:
Pencil box
2 packages Crayola Crayons 32's
1 package of 24 pencil crayons pre sharpened
10 glue sticks
scissors
pencils 10 HB presharpened
scrapbook coil bound
2 white erasers
5 duo tangs
1 box large zip lock bags
1 box kleenex
indoor shoes
and a backpack

And everything needs names on them, so I know it is not going into a communal collection.
Since school starts on the 31 I would like to get this done soon.

I

Comments

Cassandra said…
10 glue sticks??? wow-- that's some serious pasting!!!!
Nancyroo said…
WTH is a duo tang? That is a lot of stuff.
Oscar T. Grouch said…
duotang is a report cover.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school