My first child's sleepover

Well, it did not go as I expected it. It is the first time in my time as a parent that I had a child sleepover at my house with my daughter. The two angelic little girls that had played so well all envening, were tucked into their sleeping bags in the basement at 11:30 with a cheery goodnight, you can play quietly, watch TV or stay laying down. I went on my merry way to bed. Listened till after 12 and then went to sleep. Woke up at 2:30 to noises in the night that just did not belong. They destroyed the basement. Any thing that was not too heavy to carry was moved around. An absolutely huge huge huge mess. So they were put back in their sleeping bags and told not to move till morning. I went back to bed and could here them laughing about it till well after 3:30. My anger zone was to the point of having a heart attack. I am telling you. I could have wrung my daughters neck. So at nine this morning I called the other girls mom and had her come and pick her daughter up. I ensured that she knew I was not mad at her daughter and that we would try it all over again on another night. But that I would be downstairs sleeping with them. That was the hardest punishment on my daughter. Taking her friend away from her. She was supposed to be here until 2 this afternoon. Instead darling daughter has been banished to her room until all the mess is cleaned up. Going on 5 hours now. She is not allowed out of her room until the mess is done and I no longer working on it. I considered making her clean it up, but it needed done right, not done her way. Live and learn, my first sleepover was a disaster.
I am still so angry that I am afraid that if I see her I will scream. Daddy is kind of running interference. This doe s not happen often but when it does. Oh Boy does it happen. Live and learn. I feel like such a failure as a parent. What must the other Mom think of me? argggggg

Comments

Nancyroo said…
Tough one. Sorry. What a pain!
Lori Petticrew said…
wow! hugs to you!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school