On the Search for CARS

There is no way a race fan like myself and hubby could let a movie like CARS go by without getting the merchandise for it.

I have managed way up here in the great white north to find:
Chick Hicks
Lightening McQueen
Sally
Mater Mate
Sheriff
Doc Hudson
Filmore
DJ

still need to find:

King (this is an absolute utter must in our family)
WIngo
Lizzie
Sarge

I even have a friend from Carolina looking for Sarge, so a Canadian with NO NASCAR at all was looking for a car for someone in the heart of Nascar Country. Somewhere in there is irony. I am just sure of it.

Daughter and I spend last night going through her art and photos and scrap pages and cards to figure out which ones to enter in the local fair. I have to have them in by Friday. She is one exicted little one. Even though she is five she is having to enter the age group 8 - 12 for the scrapping stuff. I guess they figure younger ones don't or can't. So keep your fingers crossed she gets a ribbon or two.

We went to Bower Ponds last night. The walk exhausted me. The tree fuzz was so thick on the water that it looked like snow or ice. We saw five ducklings (mallards) and six goslings (Canada geese). Considering how loud and fast the two kids are they got too close to them for my comfort. One very slight female mallard had a real limp. All of the others were very mean to her. I had quite the conversation with daughter on why, and how and how not to do it in real life. But the shocker was son. At two, and usually not ever quiet, he sat down and had that little duck right up to him. We did not have food or anything. She is just crying out for some love and companionship. You could tell. I felt that bond with her. Always being hurt and being pushed to the outside fringes of society sucks. Sometimes you NEED to be accepted for who you are. I hope that she finds a mate and that he protects her. She needs to be able to get more food and grow lots too. Prayers out to a little duck who will need all she can get.

Comments

~Denise said…
awww I'm all sad about the little ducky now... and still I feel the need to send you some cyber hugs {{{HUGS TO YOU GIRL}}}

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school