Day of punishment:

But I am not sure who was punished more the kids or mom and dad. Yesterday Dad got up early and went to bottle depot and then to wal-mart to buy new work boots. I was laying in bed as had not slept well the night before due to pain. Well when Dad got home I heard him giving the kids well. I got up a little later to go to washroom. Well in the washroom are every bottle of soap we own open and on the sink, vanity, towels, floor, toilet, with being washed in the sink a bag of carrots, oranges, and six tubs of yogurt. I kind of lost my temper. Called daughter in. She instantly said son had done it. I called austin in. He didn't say anything. I ask daughter why she didn't come get me if son was doing something so wrong. She backtracked and said maybe it wasn't just son doing it. argggg. We have had so many discussions about not making extra work for mommy and daddy. Our time together on the weekend is so limited as it is. So I clean up the bathroom finding more and more wrecked things all the time. Then I am starting to think if Dad had given the kids heck why didn't he clean up the mess. So I counted backwards from 100 and ask him. I am glad I calmed down. He had given them heck for taking every single item out of the fridge and leaving it on the kitchen floor with the fridge door open. This is another on going problem. SO I sent daughter to her room and walked in and turned her TV off and said leave it like that. Well three minutes later when I checked she had it on. So the punishment came out of my mouth no TV, no movies, no nothing for the rest of the day. Now this was at about 8:30 in the morning. SO all day it was whine cry and be horrible about not having anything to watch. I was not going to back down. The issue of listening to me, or rather NOT listening to me is a huge one. If she had not have turned the TV back on after I had told her to leave it off, the punishment probably would have just been not going to Micheals to do crafts. But it just escalated. So two unhappy kids all day, a ticked ticked off Daddy and a Mom being driven insane.
So I think I suffered more from the punishment than they did. Daughter called my Mom and told her about it. Saying how scared she would be that night without the TV and generally being the drama queen. My MOM said Oh I will talk to your Mom. So she let me have it saying how unreasonable I was. et c etc etc. I said I was not backing down on it. Oh did she let me have it. But the punishment stood. Daddy did not even cave.
I also found out yesterday that me 26 year old niece is moving back in with my Mom. ARGGG. someone who thinks the world owes her everything. But she had an excellent teacher in my sister. How can I possibly be related to this family? How. My mom does not have two extra pennies to rub together, lives in a three room area of a boarding house. And now she will be supporting my adult niece. arggggg.

Comments

Nancyroo said…
Ugh. Sounds like you had a tough day. It is especially hard when the kids play other family members and make you out to be the bad guy. The kids at school try this too. Anyway, kudos for sticking to your guns.
Cassandra said…
My brother and SIL don't stand behind their punishments and so their kids walk all over them. It's hard to say no, but they need to respect when you say no, you mean it. Good for you. Hang in there!

hehehe, yep... when someone said they missed the shot of Elliott on TV, I knew I had to take a picture of it!! LOL!
Kristin K Stock said…
You rock Momma! You had to do what you had to do!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school