Monday once again

How can Monday come so darn fast. ARGGGG

Nascar: OMG for Tony to drive the way he did and finish 3 even hurt. Way to go boy. Jeff Gordon hit the wall so hard I could not even muster up my normal wing flap. Ouch that gotta hurt. Nice to see a rookie win. I was sure cheering for Bobby driving the King's car when he was in the top ten.

Home: I get up yesterday, eat breakfast, and head into work. Work for about 6 hours get home. Son is having a nap on my bed. When he gets up he is still half asleep and just goes and sits in the living room. A little while later he comes out and says hi Mom, I wet. OK I will change you. I pick him up and yes he was wet. From the neck of his PJ's to the cuffs of the pants. DH had not bothered to change him once. So I am covered as I picked him up, my brand new bedding I picked up on Saturday was covered, and the living room couch and chair. Mom was not impressed. Hubby says well I thought you had changed him. WHEN from work????? Men. If you want it done you gotta do it yourself. ARGGG. And the washing machine has developed a leak. Not a full flood yet but a leak.

Personal: I am sitting at the kitchen table with the kids while they are doing crafts just before supper. I have my head in my hands trying to rub away the pain. My two year old reaches accross and rubs my arm and says don't be sad Mom. That truly brought tears to my eyes. Empathy. If older people would show empathy like that the world would tuly be a better place.

Reach out and touch someone: I challenge you today to reach out and touch someone. Let them know that you noticed, that you care, that someone cares and noticed. Just do it. Show a little empathy.

Comments

AshleyS said…
you are raising some beautiful kids (even if they do ruin your bedding!)
Kristin K Stock said…
Tony did do great didn't he :) YEAH!! Good for Tony

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school