Repetitive Dream

I have been having a dream over and over for a couple of months now. I think the only way to prevent it is to find out how to solve the issue in it.

I am in "prison", it doesn't seem like prison but it must be cause I can't get away. No matter how many times I try I just can't leave. I always get hawled back. I end up making a "friend". Or at least I think it is a really good friend. She figures out a way for us to get away. She really figured it out. So once we are out, instead of stealing a normal sized vehicle she steals a semi. A full blown 18 wheeler with a huge container trailer on the back. She drives us away. I feel so good to finally be away from the "prison" but very guilty about stealing the truck. We stop at a convenience store. It is on the crest of a huge hill. My "friend" pulls a little bit over the crest of the hill and parks. We go inside to grab something to eat. It seems this "prison" always kept me hungry and I could never get enough to eat or was satisfied with what I got to eat. So we come back out and she says. Just back up a little bit then pull forward and park, I will go get a car. I am a little apprehensive but get in and put the semi in reverse. And it starts going down the hill backwards. No matter how hard I press the brake it just keeps picking up momentum. I try putting it in drive but that does not slow it down. I try neutral and that does not work either. I see my "friend" get in a nice little car blow me a kiss and drive away. My "friend" has set me up. So I am going backwards down this enormous hill trying not to hit anything. It is freaking me out. I press and press the brake pedal but I can't get slowed down. I go through the gears and try to slow down nothing helps. I am so scared.
I wake up in an absolute panic.
I dream very vividly and very much in color. It is a very very real dream.

In order for me to get rid of this dream I need to know how to stop a semi from going backwards. Anyone help me?

I have personally analyzed this dream and came up with this:
prison = my home life not ever getting me time or getting away
always being hungry = trying to lose weight and always watching what I eat
my "friend" = needing someone in my life
escaping = the intense desire to time to myself
feeling guilty = knowing I have two kids that need me
my friend abondoning me = my feelings my hubby is just not there anymore
not being able to control the truck = feeling very out of control in my life

Any other suggestions anyone???

Comments

~ RebekahBoo said…
Strange dream. I have no idea how to stop a semi. Hhmmmm. Can you just refuse to move it?
Paula... said…
Looks like you've pretty well analysed this - it must be totally freaking you out. I like rebekah's idea of refusing to move it LOL. You could also try the air brakes or jake brakes they're also called over here. As far as analysing this maybe you need to just say "hang on, I'm taking control of my life here". You don't need anyone else to help "set you free" - you're the only one who can do that and that just may mean making a few changes and scheduling in some "me" time each day or something small like that. I don't get a lot of time either, but small things really help. For instance Tuesday's is really busy - I'm rushing around here and there and then take the kids swimming straight from school etc. But whilst they are swimming, I take time out to recharge and read a magazine or do something for myself. You might only get 20-30mins a day to yourself, but make the most of it. Only you can make these small, but significant changes.

Ooops sorry waffled on here LOL
Jenny said…
I have nosuggestions just that's big stuff you're dealing with. Like Paula - says try to schedule some "me" time - maybe just five minutes in your bedroom with a cup of tea

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school