Happy Halloween 2006

well it is halloween day.

Not sure if I deserve the best mom award or the worst mom award. Here goes:

Daughter is up playing at 3 as usual. At about 5:30 she comes into my room and says I think I am going to throw up mom. So I saw go get a bowl and lay down for a while. Well I hear a cough and splat. So get up. She made it to the cupboard with the bowls but didn't manage to get a bowl. So I hand her a bowl and tell her to lie down quietly for a while. I clean up the mess, and within 10 minutes she is up playing again. Very hyper. I go back to bed, and get up at 7 like I usually do. She says she is fine. I keep asking her to sit quietly. She eats a bowl of noodles for breakfast. Says she is fine. Is playing very hyperly with her brother until eight. So I send her to school. Good mom or bad mom??????????????????????
I am still deciding myself.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would have done the same thing. If she feels well enough to play, she's probably fine. And if not, they'll call you.

I did the same thing with Morgan/daycare a couple weeks ago. He felt warm but not too bad. Was at work for 20 minutes then had to go and get him.

It's always a hard call when it can go either way!
Paula... said…
I would have done the same thing Oscar. Sometimes your body just needs to rid itself of the illness and then you bounce back fine. She purged herself by throwing up and to be honest she would have said if she wasn't up to going to school. I can sympathise after having the week from hell last week - gastro with both kids and the vomiting didn't stop all week :(
Anonymous said…
If she felt well enough to play, she can go to school! I also would have sent her!
Anonymous said…
I would have done the same...soooo Good mom

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school