Welcome to 2008

2008 mmmmmm, how did it get here already?

I am so excited about going to Disneyland in five weeks. So Excited.

We held a very very thankful Christmas Day. My Mom was hit by a car the day before Christmas. We were very lucky. Very lucky. For as much as I worry about her heart and her memory the thought of a pedestrian accident never crossed my mind. She was in a marked cross walk, and a vehicle turning ran into her. She was pushed into oncoming traffic, which managed to stop in time. I am very thankful she was there to celebrate Christmas with us. I spent the day thinking that it could have been so different, so very different.

Then on Boxing Day a friend of the family, was knocked down by one of the automatic doors. He broke his hip, had surgery, came through it and then died. This man was close to my DH. Scary that it can happen so fast.

My time off was spent with the kids. We went to the collicut centre one day and swam, went to the gym, played soccer, and hockey, and then skyball (think basketball on trampolines). We went sledding one day, the kids loved that. All in all a pretty nice break.

Comments

Kristin K Stock said…
OMG that is so scary about your Mom. Sending you tons of hugs. Glad everything is ok!! I bet you are excited about Disney! YEAH!
Cheyenne said…
Gosh, I am so glad to hear your Mom is ok. That was mighty close.
Hope the next 5 weeks go fast you you all.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school