2007 Year in Review

2007 In Review
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
attended a gym, went to Alaska, flew somewhere to meet people I had only met online

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I had resolved to give up coke, I was coke free from Jan to mid May and then from Sept till now, so kinda made it, I resolved to get fitter and I did do that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
only people I work with

4. Did anyone close to you die? my Mom's brother, friends,

5. What states/countries did you visit? Texas, Alaska, BC,

6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? a friend that I could trust and not have hurt me

7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
 my 40th birthday that was made so special by Georgina, the day my lawsuit was finalized, telling mom I was taking her to Alaska, my DH 50th birthday and the end of our love.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? surviving the year

9. What was your biggest failure? Not losing weight

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
my body seemed to break down constantly through the year. I had all my top teeth pulled, I had a ablation, my shoulder went out on me too many times, just one pain after another.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
 tickets to BonJovi and Texas

12. What was the worst thing you bought? tickets to Phoenix

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I would never name names

14. Where did most of your money go?
trips, bills, paying off debt, investments

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
buying tickets to Disneyland, planning the Alaska trip, going to texas

16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
You are Not Alone from the Eagles

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? happier
b) thinner or fatter? the same
c) richer or poorer?
richer

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? been outside, went to the mountains, driven the vette more

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
depending on others and expecting them to be there for me

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family

21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
more with myself

22. What was your favorite TV program?
LOST

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I don't really ever hate

24. What was the best book you read? the final Harry Potter

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
 that all of the CSI shows have theme songs from the who. I never knew

26. What did you want and get?
Settlement of the accident

27. What did you want and not get?
losing weight, respect,

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
 not sure

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 40 and I didn't do much of anything. Georgina had arranged a huge surprise for me along with the SJ girls I was so happy. Turning 40 was not an issue for me.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Fewer health issues, resolution with DH,

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
comfort

32. What kept you sane? sheer willpower, and knowing I have two kids that depend on me.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
don't really follow them at all. Tony Stewart would be the best for me.

34. What political issue stirred you the most?
I guess the local election for the city in October, I voted.

35. Who did you miss? my DH that used to be

36. Who was the best new person you met? Linda

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Trust first and foremost in yourself and believe in yourself, no one else can ever be counted on the way you can be.

38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

EAGLES LYRICS

"You Are Not Alone"

Say goodbye to all your pain and sorrow
Say goodbye to all those lonely nights
Say goodbye to all your blue tomorrows
Now you're standing in the light

I know sometimes you feel so helpless
Sometimes you feel like you can't win
Sometimes you feel so isolated
You'll never have to feel that way again

You are not alone
You're not alone

Never thought I'd find the road to freedom
Never thought I'd see you smile again
Never thought I'd have the chance to tell you
That I will always be your friend

You are not alone
You're not alone

Comments

Broken Beth said…
I received your Christmas card today! Hope you and your family have a wonderful 2008!
Nancyroo said…
hugs to you, Oscar! Interesting list but I'm too lazy to do it.
Georgina said…
I'm so pleased your 40th birthday was one of the highlights of your year!! :D

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school