Scary day for Mommy tomorrow........

My little guy is having a test day at a dayhome tomorrow. From an advertisement I saw in the paper. A very scary day for me. We will see if he will actually stay there tomorrow at dropoff. We went over and met her last week, and he did not want to leave. But who knows.

I am a full time working Mom. I have had bad experiences in the last 7 years with dayhomes, registered and private, and daycares. It is a scary scary proposition.
He has been at this daycare since April of 2005. I constantly get the please don't make me go mommy, I not go mommy, the tears, they just rip me to shreds. For the last couple of months though, since holidays ended, there has been, staff change after staff change, he moved up a room just before holidays, the daycare is for sale, and I get comments from him. J hit me Mommy. Did you tell an adult? Yes Mommy, who did you tell? He tells me C. So I ask C the next day, she gets a weird look on her face and says no, I didn't see anything. The chaos in the room is just overwhelming. A number of times I have been asked to stay in the morning because they are over ratio.
DS was invited to a b-day party on the weekend. When I asked him if he wanted to go, his reply was, will anyone hit me there Mommy? Not acceptable to me. I witnessed a incident a couple weeks ago where J hit a caregiver deliberately in hte face as hard as he could and then called her a stupid asshole. Not acceptable to me. I even wrote a letter about that incident, and got a reply back, that it was an ongoing issue that they were aware of. WTH?
This morning, my resolve to try something new, was strengthened. A large ziplock bag of playdough was used as a weapon against, not one child, not two children, but three children. Austin is in my arms just shaking. Finally one of the caregivers from a different room came in and dealt with the little boy, and took the playdough away. The two adults in charge of the room did NOTHING. Not a thing. I told the manager when I left, and she replied oh it was calm when I was in there. Not acceptable to me.
SO although a dayhome is not the way I want to go, issues with holidays, sick days, etc etc, I am going to give it a try tomorrow. Please pray for a safe day for my little one.

Comments

Nancyroo said…
I really hope it goes well.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school