Friday fly-ins

(-20) degrees Celsius = -4 degrees Fahrenheit

That is the temp it takes to keep the school kids indoors at recess and noon and to suspend the daycare kids from going outside to play.

Seeing as it has been close to -28 with wind chills the kids are itching to be outside.

The river has ice all the way across it now, it just isn't very thick yet.

My DS when asked last night what he wanted Santa to bring him, tells me in great detail. A WHITE train with many colored polko-dots on it. Now just how is Santa supposed to come up with that?

I need a cookie recipe for the bake sale for the daycare party. I am not much of a cook so it needs to be straightforward and simple.

Tonight is the open house for work, I will be glad when it is over.

Tomorrow is the craft show. Small home based craft businesses have stuff for sale, looking forward to it.

Sunday is the singing Christmas Tree at church. I am taking DD and Mom to this one, and then next weekend I am taking DS and I to it.

Mom is keeping the kids tonight as the open house will be LATE, and I will get to sleep in tomorrow morning hopefully.

I am totally blanked out on thoughts of what to get DH for Christmas. After his birthday fiasco, I keep telling myself why worry, but I know that is giving the kids the wrong message.

Have a safe, warm, weekend whereever you may be.

Comments

Rochelle said…
Oh my... that is too cold. I don't miss the cold at all. And I have no idea of what to get anyone for Christmas!! You have a busy weekend ahead you... have fun!
Kristin K Stock said…
YUP!! It is here isn't it! It is 21 degress here and LOTS of ice. But tomorrow 50..so I am NOT complaining!
Linda said…
I felt cold just reading your post! We are at the start of Summer here now, so it is very hard to imagine. I always enjoy christmas day but I am so over the christmas shopping!!!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school