Emotional times

I do not know why I get so emotional. It just bugs me to hell and back that I am not good at controlling my emotions. Being such a control person as I am, you would think that I could.

I took son to walk-in medical clinic yesterday afternoon. Left work early to do it. Got there at 4:15 put my name on the list and was told 45 minutes. So we left and went and picked up daughter at school. Then back to the clinic. Sat in the parking lot in the van watching DVD's for another 15 minutes. Went in and still 5 people ahead of us. So back to the van. Went back in and got into a room about 10 minutes later. Then the wait in the examining room was long. By now it is almost 6 the kids are hungry, tired, rambunctious and making me miserable. Doctor finally came in looked at son's foot and said he did not know what it was. Took an alchohol swab and cleaned off his foot. Then ran his finger over it and said since it was rough was probably a plantars wart. He left the room to go get some stuff to put on it. While he was gone the phone rang through from reception. So I knew he would be a while. argggg. Finally came back and with me using all my many mothering talents I held the octopus while he tried to put the cotton swab on the wart. Not a fun thing for my little guy. The doctor said it will have to be done every week until it is gone. argggg. So I first got there at 4:15 and walked out the door after seven. That totally sucks. Interesting note on the front desk though. Alberta is no longer accepting Ontario, Quebec, or New Brunswick provincial health cards. You have to pay out of your pocket and then get reimbursed. That would sure hurt financially.
So I have two ticked off overtired over hungry kids. What is a mom to do. Do the McDonalds drive through and go home and eat. This is not done often so is usually a real treat for my kids. But nothing was making them happy last night. The donkey kong spinner toy that came with the meals. My 3 year old had figured out and was playing with right away, it frustrated my 6 year old to no end. argggg. Even more so when her BABY brother could do it and she couldn't.
My headaches are terrible and that kind of noise, screaming, and patience pushing just pushed me right over the edge last night. I go outside to get some peace and quiet and what do the two of them do. Follow me out screaming even louder.
Then my little guy was up before 5 on the clock this morning. Did not go back down. I think I fell asleep just before the alarm wnet off. He is feeling a lot of pain, and did not want me to go to work and him to go to daycare. It is so emotional for me. I hate it.
I am sitting at the kitchen table dealing with him sobbing his little heart out while daughter is on the front sidewalk waiting for her bus. Then she is gone. I knew the bus hadn't come as the little girl she waits with was still there. Heartstoping moment there. She had left the front sidewalk gone all the way around the side of the house into the back yard to pick apples off the tree for her and her firend to give to their teachers. argggg.
Last night I make her sandwich for lunch. I ask her what way she wants it cut. She says what way won't the kids laugh at me? I am what do you mean the kids laugh at you? So I find out she has been made fun of for taking the same things in her lunch every day. It has only been 7 days. Then she tells me the kids laugh at her for wearing the shoes that she does. Then this morning I find out the teacher is not letting Pooh bear at her desk anymore. He has to stay in the back pack on her hook. So I would imagine a lot of her acting out last night had to do with all these things but man. At the time it is so hard for me to deal with. I can't imagine how hard it is for her to deal with.

Comments

Lori Petticrew said…
hugs to you honey, i am now praying for you! poor BooBoo! kids can be so mean. i am not looking forward to those days with lauren. i so wish that your dh could be home to help....hugs...
i hope austin gets to feeling better....
Paula... said…
Oh dear Oscar - we all have bad emotional days like this but just remember today is another day and one that we can begin with a clear head and calm mind IYKWIM. Don't be too hard on yourself !! Poor BooBoo - try having a chat to her teacher about the other kids teasing her, you may find it's not as bad as made out. I've learnt from experience that there is always another side/take on the story and she may just be taking something the wrong way. It may just require a little chat to set her mind at rest and all will be good. I hope DS's foot is on the improve very soon - they can be nasty little blighters!!

Take care and hugs across the oceans :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince