Labour Shortages

Alberta has a booming economy. Employers are pretty much held hostage to employees. And who suffers the customer cause there is no service.

1) Tim Hortons used to be 24 hour. Now it is closed from ten at night until 5 in the morning.

2) Wendy's has closed the walkin and "dining" areas, only the drive through is manned.

3) Signs up on Walmart doors. Starting next week they are opening an hour later in the morning and closing 2 hours earlier every day. (This going into the Christmas Season)

4) To get qualified employees my company had to hire US people.

IT is just nuts. How on earth in the middle of all this can my darling niece not be employed. But is living off of my Mom. It just burns.

I think the simple solution to all this, is get rid of the Sunday openings, and the late hours during the week. Go back to closing at 6 every day except Thursday. Give your employees time to be with their families and have time off. Give the owners of the businesses time to rejuvenate. Do we really need to have the convenience at every hour of the day. I don't think so. Families are much more important. Job satisfaction is much for important.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince