My Son:

September has been quite a month for him.

He quits going to the daycare he has attended for years. Says goodbye to his friends and favorite teacher T.

Starts Kindergarten at school. Get to go on the school bus, (huge for him), goes with his big sister (huge for him).

He acts out at Kindergarten the first two days. A couple refusals to do what he is supposed to do. One time out. A couple of temper tantrums. His teacher calls me on the Friday afternoon and tells me I need to keep him home for another year and let him mature, or to keep him at home until after his appointment tomorrow. She later calls me sunday night and says if I do decide to send him back, she will do her best. Well I had already changed plans. I had to fire the girl I had hired to watch him part time, I had to cancel after school care. I got him back into daycare. Into the private kindergarten that is run through daycare.

This was a huge crush to his self confidence and abilities. Not to be able to go with big sister, not to go on school bus, not to go to school. Huge issues.

Issues with having to go back to daycare, trying to emphasis he is attending K, not daycare. Hard on him.

He had his five year old vaccinations.

He had his annual physical exam, which lead to xrays on his sinuses and adnoid, a run of lab work and changes to his asthma meds. He is allergic to cats, horses, milk, eggs, and wheat. Another followup from his labs is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.

He started gymnastics, first week, he had issues not wanting to leave when it was over. Second week, he didn't want to leave, but he did come on his own. Then on Friday I get a message on answering maching that his coach quit. This kid cannot cut a break. He thinks it is his fault. ANother self confidence crush.

Behavioral issues at kindergarten. Issues transitioning, trouble with inappropriate behavior at the wrong times, academically he is good, behavioral wise not so good.

September has been a horrid month for the little guy. Dad is not around much, and when he is not really "with" him. DD is jealous of little brother and feeling overlooked right now. I just plain feel overwhelmed at everything I am trying to do right now, and process right now. totally overwhelmed.

Comments

Paula... said…
The poor thing - it has been a total roller coaster ride for him hasn't it. Hopefully things will improve from here on in :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school