Finally the answer to the unknown issue:

DS had his annual doctors appointment on Friday.

I told my doctor about the issue with kindergarten and this is what I found out.

Kids in Alberta cannot be kicked out of kindergarten.

It is the schools job to provide adequate assistance to them to make them succeed. They can after a trial period of not less than 6 weeks, say that they cannot have the child in their program, but they have to find an alternative program for the child. They just cannot say "he can't come again."

He is currently at the 30th percentile for weight and just under 50th for height.
We went for x-rays on sinuses and adnoids, to the lab for blood work, and are doing a sleep thing on the 3rd. And we are increasing his asthma meds.

Gymnastics was on Saturday. DD hurt her chest doing something, probably pulled a muscles on her sternum. DS did not want to leave at all.

Yesterday we went to the farm for mil 89th birthday. A gorgeous day. The kids could ride bikes, drive the jeep, and just run and play. It was so nice to see MIL as good as she looked.

Today is DH birthday.

Comments

Cheyenne said…
"Kids in Alberta cannot be kicked out of kindergarten."

So now what happens? They owe you, big time.

Go kick some a$$.
Paula... said…
I think I mentioned previously that this is how the public education system works here in Aus. also - if you are expelled from school (after numerous suspensions/warnings) then the Education Department must find you a placing in another nearby school.

What planet was this teacher from? Maybe she was just hoping this would fly under the radar without anyone being any the wiser IYKWIM.

I hope all the tests come back within normal ranges for your DS and that DD's chest is feeling better soon - nothing worse than pulled muscles!!

Happy Birthday to your DH also
Jenny said…
Isn't it good now that you have some answers? I hope that it can all get sorted out soon
Kristin K Stock said…
OH my my friend. This has to be very hard.....I am so thinking about all of you! Hugs!!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school