Die with dignity:

I have my views on death and I know a lot of others do not agree with them, so I will not go into them.

My husbands best friends Dad, that was like a surrogate Dad to my husband is in really bad shape right now. His son is hoping that his Dad gets to die with dignity and that it is not long drawn out suffering. I hope the same. Mel deserves to live with gusto and dignity. He is a heck of a man, I will miss him dearly when he is gone. I too don't want him suffering. It just is not fair. He has lived life for a long long time, and deserves to die in dignity.

Mel, my heart is with you and Kay right now, and I pray for your passage to heaven to be quick and painless. I love you.

Part of the sandwich generation. Or maybe it comes from being the youngest to "older" parents. But here we are looking after our two parents as well as our two young children. Husbands best friend is doing the same thing. Glenn will have a birhtdya on the 29th this month, and he too is looking after his Dad in the hospital trying to help his Mom out, and looking after a young son. I personally have never liked sandwiches and being in the sandwich generation is difficult as well.

Melvyn, Kay, Lilly, Ruth, Thelma, Norman, all people that lived life well and fully and deserve to die in dignity. I hope none of them have long drawn out suffering.

Melvyn and Kay lifelong partners, friends and spouses. I love you both.

Comments

Lesley said…
When my husband's grandmother was very sick and it was obvious the end was near (to me anyway) I asked him if his family had a plan for last days... so that she WOULD die with dignity. His response was that I was being very morbid... and how mean of me... and surely she would go on for another 10 years....

Denial always stands in the way dignity.
Jenny said…
WE are kind to animals at their final days why can't we do the same for beloved family members? Hugs to all of you.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school