I am worried about my little guy

I really am. Do I have a case of Mommy envy? Am I overreacting? I am not sure. But I do know I am worried. My little boy was three at the end of July. At that time he weighed in at about 28 pounds. He is hardly on any of the charts for height or weight. He has a history of not gaining and of losing weight. He is such a little guy. You can see every vertebrae in his back and every rib. He went in to get his flu shot on Saturday and he is only 26.5 pounds now.
That means he has lost again.
Things that worry me:
His coloring that has been always dark is kinda yellowed some.
He is cold all the time. Always wants layers of clothes on.
I cannot get him to eat at home.
He has stopped eating much at daycare. Like a quarter of a piece of toast, a spoon of lunch, that kind of not eating much.
He will have one swallow of milk and say his tummy is all full.
He self weaned from breastmilk the day after his third birthday.
He is has asthma and allergies.
He has a rash all around his mouth.
He goes to daycare sleeps for 3 - 4 hours in the morning. Is woken for lunch, doesn't really eat and then sleeps for another 2.5 hours. He goes to bed about 9:30 and can sleep till 5 usually. SOmetimes even going to sleep earlier. Sometimes later.
His happy go lucky attitude and laid back self has disappeared into a whiny little guy.
I am worried. I followed my mommy instinct and called his doctor. I have an appointment with her and him on the 24th. I just wonder if it is me or if it is him.
My daughter has always been off the chart for height and never had trouble gaining and growing. She is a very strong healthy child. Am I just overcomparing siblings? Do I have cause to worry? Any suggestions?

Comments

Cheyenne said…
You did the right thing by getting him an appointment. See what the doctor says and if there's nothing wrong, at least your mind will be at ease. If there is something, then they will be able to take care of it. I hope he is OK and it's just a phase he is going through. Kids are so resilient, but you can't be too careful.
Lori Petticrew said…
let's see what the doctor has to say. you are a mother and you have the right to worry about austin.
i will say a prayer for him....
Paula... said…
Us mothers have some pretty strong instincts, so you've definately done the right thing in calling the dr and going with your instincts. Even though he's only 3, he does seem to sleep quite a bit - mine stopped day sleeping all together at 18months of age :( If he's cold and tired all the time I'd say there's a good chance of something being out of whack - it could just be his iron levels or something - but best to get it all checked out. Good luck :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school