Mode Podge of an update:

Altered projects were the item of value at my house on the weekend. I painted, and papered, and mod-podged till I was painted and sticky and so proud of my work. I will have to take pics and post.

I also did more Christmas cards, first time I have ever done homemade ones. I am quite proud of myself.

Saturday was the first time I think Alexis has actually had fun skating since lessons started a month ago. I think the fear from the stitches she got last year really held her back. But she was out there just a giving it on Saturday.

My Mom then took son and daughter to the Santa Claus parade on Saturday. The kids liked it and Santa gave them cookies. I had some much needed time to me.

I actually cooked. me. I actually cooked. I made a chili recipe that Ruthann posted and it turned out great. I was bragging I actually got away without burning something. Hubby starts laughing at me. No you didn't. Well I didn't burn any food. I turned on the wrong burner and burned up one of my burner covers. I am just not a cooker.

Austin came down with the runs on Sunday night, so it was a pretty sleepless night. It is the first time since he was potty trained he was had diareaha. He was horrified by it. My poop is broken Mom. He was so concerned he would have to wear a diaper again. Not a chance my little man. Mom spent the day with him yesterday, and today he was back at daycare.

My dishwasher that I got as a bonus at work was delivered, now it just needs installed. The little MP3 player I got as the second item, I love, but man the know-how of the technology just gets the best of me.

My $12,000 dollar Christmas Shopping spree for work is almost done, only a couple of things left to sort out. Anyone have a bigger budget than that for Christmas.

I am done my own shopping and I think it came in at under $300.00 dollars for six people. That really stretched our budget this year.

Nascar season ended on Sunday. What a boring ole race and I do not like the new champion. And I got my heart broke. Tony has a girl, a blonde girl at that. argggg. I could have happily gone all winter without finding that out.

So that is my update, how is everyone doing.

Comments

AshleyS said…
I'm doing fine. :)

I'm not a cook either, unless the ingredients all come in one box.
Cheyenne said…
I'm not a great fan of cooking myself...but I do it. It's just the two of us now so it's not too bad.
I don't like the new champion either. We lived thru Kurt Busch as champion, I guess we can live thru this one too.
I like Tony's new friend. He found her in Home Depot's corporate office. Not bad...
Paula... said…
Oooh I can't wait to see your altered projects. I'm working on a couple of lunchpails for our folks but I can't upload them until after Xmas because they read my blog ROFL.
I love baking, but not "cooking" as in tea every night - so boring and I hate thinking of what to cook all the time :(
I hope your little man is feeling much better today :)
Lori Petticrew said…
looks like your okay....i hate too cook too. that's why i married fred, he cooks...i will look forward to seeing your porjects posted...poor austin....
glad you got some relax time....
all is okay her for now!


happy turkey day to you buddy

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school