I had the crap scared out of me last night

This is not for the faint of heart.

I am cuddled in bed sleeping. I hear a sound. But you know you are not sure if you really heard it or if you dreamed it kind of sound. Then I wonder if one of the kids is up. So I am laying there wondering. Then I feel a real real cold draft hit me. Now it is winter up here, so cold drafts are cold drafts, meaning some air from outside is coming inside. Even with my bedroom door closed I could really feel it. I am still half asleep probably. You know that area between thinking clearly and not thinking clearly. Well the thought crossed my mind that maybe one of the kids was sleepwalking and left the door open. Not a good thought. So I roll over in bed to face the outside edge. That is the side of the room that the window is on. WIth the little bit of light in the room I could see the curtains billowing like they were caught in a breeze. Now my heart is pounding. I know the window was not open and the curtains should not be moving. I am still trying to focus, and the curain billows open even more, and I see the head of a man coming in the window from outside. I just absolutely freak. My heart is pounding, I am scared to move, and am wondering what to do. I am telling you it scared the absolute crap out of me.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Then I woke up. Talk about a realistic dream. I was chilled right through from the cold air coming in the "open" window, my heart was pounding, and I got up and turned every light in the house on. I checked both kids, they were asleep in their beds. I double checked every door and window to ensure they were locked. I go back to bed and leave the lights on. I am replaying the dream through my mind and something occurs to me. I don't have curtains in my bedroom I have a blind. I definitely saw curtains billowing in the breeze with the man behind them. Once I realized that I don't have curtains and the dream was a little different than my actual room I was then able to turn off the light and go back to sleep.

Comments

Anonymous said…
OH Oscar - you had me going then!! I really thought someone had broken in - thank goodness it was only a dream. My heart is pounding for you!
Cheyenne said…
Well you certainly scared the crap out of me while I was reading that.
Lori Petticrew said…
wow! you scraed me. wild dream
Anonymous said…
Glad it was just a dream. That would have me freaked out too.
Leslie said…
ooo gives me the willies! I would've been too terrified to move even after waking up! I scare easily!
Jes said…
that is crazy scary! thank goodness it was just a dream.
Jenny said…
You told that so realistically! I did chuckle a bit when you realised that you don't have curtains, though
Anonymous said…
OMG I was freaking out right there with ya whilst I was readig this. Thank goodness it was just a dream and all are OK. My heart is still pounding!!!!
Anonymous said…
Holy Cow!! I felt like I was right there with you! Glad it was just a dream!
Anonymous said…
that gave ME chills!
Anonymous said…
Hey you can realy get someone going there with the way you tell a story dream or not my blood was pumping...Glad it was just a dream though
Anonymous said…
Oh wow! That was a seriously scary dream! Goodness!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school