Proud Mommy Day

DD was chosen as one of four narrators for her school assembly today. That means she is considered well spoken, reads well, and can stand under pressure. She has practiced and was nervous but so excited about it. She didn't want to practice in front of me though. Tuesday night when I had parent teachers with my DS, she practiced in front of his Kindergarten class. She was awesome the teacher said.

So today at assembly she was nervous. You could see her bunching her dress up with her fingers and rolling her eyes. But when all eyes were on her and she stepped in front of the microphone she was calm, poised and so well done. She made me have a tear in my eye for a proud Mommy moment.
There were only three narrators. I wondered about it. One child was sick and didn't come in. So DD was chosen at very short notice to do her part and the other childs part. She handled it so well.

She also won an art award today too. She was front and center at most of the assembly. With her black dress and little braids she was so precious. But then maybe that is her Mommy talking.

Comments

Cheyenne said…
That is something to really be proud of; something I could never do. And still can't. Good for her.
Paula... said…
WOW what a tremendous honour and what a clever girl your DD is. Certainly a fabulous proud mummy moment :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school