This is Neen signing in

Well Oscar is on holiday or vacation as you call it over in the US of A, and as she said she has asked Jes and I to guest blog for her. I am fairly new to blogging myself and this is my first guest blogging 'gig' but I will try to say something interesting.
First off though I'd better tell you about me... Neen is my nickname but it's all I go by these days. As Oscar reported I am from New Zealand. I live here with my partner Mike and our two cats Madori and Opal. I am a scrapbooker, a music lover and a movie guru! That is me in a nutshell... a very small nut shell.

Today something amazing happened. Italy won the Football World Cup. Down here we call it soccer but as I found out when we were traveling if you call it soccer in the northern hemisphere you are bound to get the evil eye.

Don't get me wrong I am not a sport nut. In fact I've never been a sporty person. I can't stand most sport and can only pay attention if I am actually at the game and part of the atmosphere. Feeling the energy and the thrill of the crowd. However I found myself getting into the World Cup as it came down to the last few games. I think it has more to do with the fact that the teams that everyone "expected" to win were knocked out. There's nothing better than the "underdog" fighting through to the top. It was even better that all our friends thought that France where the stronger side and would take out the final against Italy. Naturally I was again rooting for the underdog. I was so stoked when they took it out!

Its amazing how a game can unite a country or even unite the world if only for a moment. In fact I think if you stood still long enough you could have felt the globe shake from the jumping screaming fans each time the ball hit the net.

Well that's me for today. No doubt Jes will have something more interesting to talk about. In the mean time if you want me to talk about anything leave a comment and let me know... This is harder than I thought!

Comments

Kristin K Stock said…
OH Neen you are rockin. Great job with my Pal Oscar's blog!! Keep up the great work!
Jes said…
i keep hesitating because i have no clue what to write about! your entry is awesome neen! i've gotta come up with something!!
Lori Petticrew said…
great work neen! love it

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince