Compliment or Insult??


Well so many people tell me my daughter is just like me. I have even done a scraping LO on it. But sometimes I am not sure if it is a compliment or insult. When she is brilliant, happy, smart, caring, I think it is a great compliment. When she is mouthy, spoiled, uncaring it drives me nuts and I think it is a horrible insult. I asked my Mom straight out if I was ever that bad. Mom said you were even worse. I just don't remember it. The few times I do remember mouthing off my mom took a wooden spoon to me, so I don't recall doing it often. The trouble started when Daughter had her birthday on July 12. She got a huge party and presents and a whole bunch of stuff mailed to her from my SJ buddies. SO Son has his third birthday on the 28. That morning I heard her tell him that it meant NOTHING because he wasn't having a big party. Since he is just 3 we had a small family party not a big blowout one. I was so hurt that daughter would tell son that. So hurt. WHere is her caring side then.
So while opening gifts she kept telling son that she got more than him. WTH? And then the next day she was encouraging him to jump off the chair onto the boxes that still had unassembled toys in them. COme on Austin you can do it, he is like no I am not. Daddy overheard it all and stepped in and gave daughter royal hell. One of the first times I have really seen him discipline her. She needs it more. I always end up being the bad one and he is the prince. She needs to know that unacceptable is unacceptable.
I saw something yesterday that I have never seen before. I have seen big hail, small hail, huge hail, see through hail. But the storm yesterday threw stuff at us I had never seen before. Chunks of ice that looked like broken shards of glass. Not round, not smooth. Bug jagged, and sharp, and clear as glass. Weird weird weird. I had never seen it before. They were so clear the camera could not even pick up the image of them.

Comments

Kristin K Stock said…
So Oscar...is it cooler up there then it is here....I think I could use some of that hail to cool us off! OK maybe not so much :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince