Saved by my daughter:

I was very tired yesterday and had a horrible headache. I managed to get the kids to play in the backyard for a while. Then fed them supper. I found the reward chart and copied it and made a big production with Austin that for each thing he did without screaming or having a temper tantrum he would get a sticker. Then I asked both kids if they wanted anything prior to bed. I then told them I was going to bed. A while later DD wakes me up and says that a bird is eating my keys, I just kind of figured I was dreaming it. Around midnight I woke up thinking that Pokey my sons huggy had been left at daycare. Around three DS climbs in bed with my and he has Pokey. Around 7 DD climbs in bed with me and says in a huge whisper, Mommy I had to get the "spare" Pokey for Austin as we left the other one at daycare. Then she tells me she had looked outside her window and saw a magpie picking at my keys. SHe then came told me. Then she went outside and "pretended" to be a crow because magpies are afraid of crows and rescued my keys. WHat a kid, saves my keys and makes her little bro so happy.
The sticker reward chart resulted in an excellent drop off at daycare. CLAP CLAP CLAP

So I am thankful I got some sleep, I am thankful that my daughter exhibits her brilliance by helping me out.

For those of you wondering, DH got through his day at work, his wrist was sore afterwards. He managed to do it though.

Comments

Kristin K Stock said…
That headache thing must be going around. I had the same thing yesterday, but mine was from the Heat!!
Paula... said…
What a gem she is :)
Karen Mills said…
That girl of yours is amazing. What a special one you have there. Give her a special hug from me.

Way to go Austin! You're getting to be such a big boy.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school