Adventures Abound

My little guy elected to spend Friday night at Grandmas house. I was supposed to go to a crop but it was canceled. So I elected to let him spend the night at Grandmas and then DD and I could work on cards together and scrapbook together. So on Friday night we did our Halloween cards and got them ready to be sent. Then on Saturday we scrapbooked after swimming lessons. I finished the very last journal in the 11 month long circle journal I was in. I am so glad it is mailed and the halloween cards are mailed.

A week from today is Canadian THanksgiving. Giving how I am feeling DH proposed that we celebrate with the yankees this year, works for me. I can't eat much anyway. We have so much to be thankful for this year. SO much. I cry sometimes when I think about that. How our lives have changed in the last year is tremendous.

Yesterday the food bank paired up with SKy Wings aviation for a fundraiser. I took my little guy and we went. For a case of macaroni or $20.00 you could get a ride in a Cessna and go over the city. So DS and I did the $40.00 and we got to ride in the little plane. A four seater. LITTLE. Actually I was much more calm in it than I am in jet lines. DS was SO excited. Once we took off , I took off his seat belt so he could sit on his knees and look out. He was hooked so so so into it. SO this kind of evens things out, he got his first plane ride and now big sister cannot hold it over his head that she has been and he hasn't. When those little things turn they really bank, he loved it. Looking STRAIGHT down. I think it is a great way to raise money for the food bank, give something back to it, and we had such fun doing it. An Adventure as DS calls it.

Comments

Nancyroo said…
that is really cool! Glad you had fun!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school