Thanskgiving Day

Unveiling my beautiful new smile. I love it, and am so happy with it.





This past year 2007 has been filled with many downs. Physical downs on my side. IT seems every single month something on my body has gone wrong. I told my daughter last night that sometimes I wanted to scream at God for making me hurt so much. She says I would rather have you scream at him than me. But I don't think he is listening much Mommy. I immediately stopped dead in my tracks. Why not Sweetie?? She tells me that she prays every night that I will stop hurting, stop screaming, and that Daddy will come home. I gave her the largest hug in the world and told her sometimes God answers prayers but in ways we don't immediately see. OMG my 7 year old daughter. I have got to change my life, I really do.
This past year 2007 has been filled with an enormous thing to be thankful for. An accident that I was hurt in back in 1996 was finally settled. This let DH and I out from under the tonne of debt we had been riding on. It also gave me a little extra to play with. I went to Texas to meet a great group of girls, I took my Mom on a cruise that DH and I said we would when the settlement came in, and we have enough set aside to go to Disneyland. And right now we are doing what 80% of other Canadians are doing. Living paycheck to paycheck. Trying to get all the bills paid, trying to have a little left over at the end of the day to spend or invest. That is where we are at. I am an accountant and if it was not for that fact DH and I would have lost everything financially. I knew how to Rob Peter to Pay Paul, over and over, how to shuffle the debt to get away with no payments. Where to go for help. Friends helped to clothe my children, DH and I just plain went without, foodbank fed us more than once, and friends helped with our children. We could not have made it without the consessions we made, the friends we had, and just the knowledge that I practised. For that I am thankful that the overwhelming debt is paid.
My Mom put on a wonderful Thanksgiving Meal. We really enjoyed it. My niece Rhianna and my sister Wanada were there. Sister has not spoken to me in over four years. I did not specifically ask my Mom if she knew we were coming. She did not say hi when we came in. My niece showed up 3/4 our late. No words were spoken between us. Then near the end, when DH had taken the kids for a walk, and Mom was in the kitchen it came....... My sister asked to use my credit card. Four years of no speaking and she hits me up for money. I could not friggen believe it. Actually I can believe it, I was so out of it, I walked out, I just totally walked out, I grabbed my camera and went and found DH and the kids and got the following pictures.

Comments

Leslie said…
ok first of all...your new smile is beautiful...you are beautiful! second...I will pray for you. I think it hurts me just as much as it did you that Alexis feels God doesn't hear her prayers. You explained that wonderfully to her (I'm proud of you). I am here for you...email me anytime for anything. Love ya girlie...you look fabulous! and you do have so much to be thankful for!!!!
Linda said…
Gorgeous pics and you look gorgeous!

I would love for you to continue the pay it forward challenge, just email me your address so I can send you a gift Aussie made.
Nancyroo said…
Your Alexis story brings tears to my eyes. Love the new smile!
Kristin K Stock said…
And here's an up. You and I finally got to meet. You can not go wrong when two online friends FINALLY get to meet each other. That Alexis...wow that was just a sweet story. I love ya girl......very much! You have such a beautiful new smile, but most of all....the are just such a beautiful person. I am very honored to call you a friend and I love ya very much. Meeting you was one of the highlights of my life...and If there was ANYONE who I would sit in a hot and steamy crapper for it is you :)
Jenny said…
You look STUNNING! ANd your children look as cute as can be! I'm sorry that your Thankgiving dinner was spoilt at the end, but you are so right to just be looking at the good things.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school