New Teeth

Well it is done, I am offically an old lady now. I have "dentures". I cannot say the word outloud yet. I had my last six upper teeth pulled on Tuesday and had my pretty new teeth ready to be popped right in. Can I say ouch. One of the eye teeth (canine) took some of the jaw bone with it. Didn't hurt due to the freezing but that night and even now. OUCH. My lips are swollen, my face is, and I am still bleeding. I don't know if my teeth are white or red at any given time.
Biggest compliment in the whole world lifted my spirits though. DH made a point to come and be home on Tuesday night. He takes a look at me and says, "OMG you look just like you looked when you were 19 and had your braces off". What a compliment. Got him a little way out of the doghouse. I told the denturist what he said and he was very pleased. I can take them out and rinse them and then immediately put them back in. OUCH. I hate the taste of blood I really do.
Once the swelling is down I will post a pic of my pretty teeth. LOL.

Comments

Cheyenne said…
Will your teeth be in your mouth when you post that picture? Just kidding. I don't know why you call yourself an old lady now that you hve dentures. Lots of people of all ages wear them. You are far from old, young lady.
Paula... said…
I'm glad it's all over for you now and you can look forward to a new you IYKWIM. Can't wait to see the pic :)
Jenny said…
You are definitely not an old lady! I'm glad it is all sorted out now
Anonymous said…
Glad it's over Oscar. Can't wait to see that gorgeous smile.
Robyn said…
I can't imagine. I hope your feeling better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince