Wild Weekend (for me)

Saturday I decided to head up to Edmonton for the day. DH did not want to go, so Mom, I and DD went. We went to the Telus World of Science and saw the Coral Reef IMAX show, which I loved. The music for the show was Crosby, Stills, Nash, very appropriate. Great show. Then we saw the Body Worlds exhibit. This is the show with real bodies used as the exhibit. Not quite what I expected but very informative and educational. DD was a little freaked out by seeing the man parts, she learned lots of other things though.

Then we headed over to West Edmonton Mall. The largest mall in the world. or was until the Mall of America was built by the same owners. We were on the hunt for School back packs and lunch buckets. We hit the disney store. My DD is growing up she did not want a princess one. DS decided on the pirates of the caribean one, shocked me , I would have thought he would have taken buzz lightyear. Go figure. Disney was sold out of hannah montana ones. SO we go to find some school clothes for DD. A chore in itself. We go into a childrens Place, and she finds a lunch bucket she loves in a cool pattern, and then we find the rolling backpack to go with it. All on sale. WOOHOO.

We toured around, I hit a camera store and got a lowepro sling bag.

Yesterday we were off to Walmart in the morning, got some school clothes and runners for both kids. eeeekkkkkkkk, at the price of stuff.

Then since it was such a hot day, we decided to go tubing down the river, It was awesome. Went in at 1 and out at 6. I didn't clue in that wading in the river would wash off my water proof suncreen on my lower legs. They are burnt so bad. OUCH.

DS off to daycare today, only ten days left, and DD to a new camp at an historical museum. Curious to see how she likes it.

My teeth are at the dentist today getting their permanent liner, and then DD and DS go to the dentist this afternoon. All three of us in one day. $$$$$$$$

Comments

Jenny said…
Sounds like a great weekend and it sounds like it will be an expensive dentist visit
Paula... said…
Sounds like a great time - so glad you managed to get some away time :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince