Apalling behavior at school assembly.............

School assembly starts every time with us turning to face the Canadian flag, and then singing Oh Canada.

I had to turn to my right, and there was a woman in front of me with a little boy and a little girl with her. Her other child was in grade one.

The little girl standing with her Mom starts to sing Oh Canada, and her mom swats her and says in a "hushed" whisper, don't go singing that song.
I was appalled, offended, and deeply upset about it.

She was an ethnic woman, covered from head to toe in fabric excepting the little window she sees out of. Canada is good enough for her to come and live here, and let her kids attend school here, but it isn't good enough to let your kid sing the national anthem?????????

People immigrate to Canada to leave their terrible countries behind, they should come here and stand up and be proud to be a Canadian. Leave your crap that you were needing to escape where you were leaving, don't bring it with you. If you do not want to be a Canadian, go home.


DD won an award on responsibility for the month, and did very well speaking her part during introductions. I am proud of her.

Comments

Cassandra said…
I know what you mean. Sometimes I just sigh knowing my Dad fought in a war just so *that* person could have the right to not respect my country.

On a brighter note, Congrats to Miss A for a wonderful award!
Paula... said…
I agree whole heartedly Oscar - a little respect isn't too much to ask for a country that took them in IYKWIM.

Congrats to A on her award - what a proud mummy moment :)
Leslie said…
I'm thirding this opinion...I agree too. I can't stand it when those that seek a better place for their families and their futures by coming here disrespect our country by acting that way.

Congrats to A on her award...she's is such a darling girl.
Jenny said…
Do you know that I agree with you - if you come to New Zealand, be a New Zealander. I'm an immigrant - I chose to come to NZ; I'm proud of being a New Zealander

Well done to your daughter
Cheyenne said…
I agree with you 100%. They come into our countries and then want to boss us around. They don't want to conform, rather they want to have us do the stupid things they did in their countries. I get so irritated I want to gag.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school