WHo I am Word 11 guarded

Guarded - thats me. Totally guarded. I have a huge brick wall that is built around myself. I do not often let any one in. Growing up the way I did I was often hurt and let down. I found it easier just to distance myself, be guarded and that way I wouldn't be hurt. Even as an adult the few times I have let people inside my little brick walls, I have been hurt. I think it is because once I do let that guard down, it is totally down, so then I am wide open for the hurt. Working in a competitive career, you also have to be guarded, you do not know what will stab you in the back, or who wants what you have. Maybe I just think to much, maybe I take things too seriously, whichever it may be guarded definitely describes me.

Comments

Paula... said…
I had a chill reading this as this is pretty much me to a "T" although I don't have the career part of it to worry about. I feel as though the wall went up again yesterday when I was hurt enourmosuly by two friends that I've had for 12 years :(

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school