Siblings and fighting

DD is 7 DS is 4, each one to get a year older within weeks.

Well: the fighting is driving me nuts, totally insane.

DS was up during the night, which makes me tired as well.

DD starts mobbing him in bed, I tell her to leave him alone, took three times before she did. And then in his room. This was told three times to leave him alone.
Then out the door for daycare and camp and work. I say do not start a fight. SHe insults how slow he is. They head off running to the gate. DS beats her, she is pissed off, yanks the gate open hard into DS. Well he starts crying. I knew immediately it was a hurt cry and not a mad cry. Finally get him calmed down enough to ask where. He says his big thumb. I look it looks fine. I put him in his car seat, he is still uncontrollably crying. I ask again, he says his big thumb and points to his toe. I take off his croc, and the entire bit toe nail is bent back. GREAT. I flip it back amongst tears, screaming, blood, and gore. I go to house to get the cleaning antiseptic, papertowels, and Tylenol. Not impressed with DD at all. DS does not stop crying the entire way to daycare, is bawling when I left. DD is like well I didn't do it on purpose so it doesn't matter.
I am not sure how to get through to her that hurting is hurting whether done on purpose or not. That if she had listened to me when I said no starting a fight that the race would not have happened therefore the injury would not have happened.
I am at the end of my knowledge in knowing how to deal with their competitiveness, their mobbing each other, the picking, the fighting, the ongoing upheaval they create. I am sick of it. Totally sick of it.

Comments

Cassandra said…
Oh poor baby-- my toe hurt just reading about it. give him a hug from me!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince