My Baby is 5 today

DS is five years old today.

Five years ago I was already checked into the hospital, the induction was underway, and I was bored out of my head. My friend Yo was there, DH was there, and Mom was there. DD was at Glenda's. I wanted a bath so spent most of the mid day in a bathtub. Then the nurse wanted me out so that they could check for the contractions and check on the baby. I went back to bed and that was it. I was checked at 3:15 pm and I was 2 cm dilated. The band on my tummy was showing good heartbeat, and no distress. Yo got back from lunch. She started rubbing my sore back. It really hurt. I had heat packs to put on it. I really started to be in pain, I asked for meds and the nurse told me that my doctor had not left orders for any. She left. DH is in the chair in the corner of the room, I asked him to get me drugs, he laughed, I was ready to kill him. Finally the nurse gets me some nitrous, I suck it back, and all it did was make me naseous. Yo had a good time with it though. LOL.
DH is still laughing at me. Then the pain just built to a level I couldn't even talk. I kept saying I can't, I was trying to say I can't not push, but all that ever came out was I can't. DH is condecsending and says well you have to, Yo is rubbing my back, Mom is warming up heat packs. The nurse comes in and takes a look at me and lays on top of me screaming, do not push, if you push at 2 cm you will not be able to deliver. She was just yelling at me, all I could get out was I can't. She finally decides to check me, she rolls me over from my side to my back, lifts the blanket, and catches my son. She did not have gloves on or anything. As she was holding DS head, she is yelling to me not to push so that I won't tear, I did do that, and there then is my DS. I didn't tear, didn't need stitches. DS was tilted up onto my tummy and I was able to hold him. He stayed that way for a long time, while a doctor and NICU staff was called in. I reveled in being able to have that skin to skin contact. I didn't get that with DD. She was whisked immediately away due to the dangerous delivery I had. DS haveing him the way I did presented its on set of obstacles. Infections were at a higher risk due to lack of preparation, lungs were not cleared immediately due to no doctor being there, and with the delivery as quick as it was I was wiped. From 2 cm at 3:15 to having my baby at 3:44 is pretty fast.
When my doctor finally showed up I remember her standing under my DH waving her finger under his nose saysing and this is why she should never go into labor on her own. LOL.
The ironic thing of this whole story is that I was delivered by a nurse as well, as the doctor didn't make it in time, DS was too.
Glenda brought DD to the hospital and at 4:30 she was able to meet her little brother. My family was complete.

Comments

Jenny said…
What a beautiful story! Happy birthday to your son

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince