Report Card Time

DD got her report card yesterday for this term. Doing very well in all areas. I really like the added page at the end where her teachers actually describe things and mention specifics. So much more than just a tick in the box like the rest of the report.

Dwights celebration of life was rough yesterday. Sitting in a church packed with big tough strong men in leather coats and racing t-shirts, and watching them all discretely wipe away tears. Real men do cry. The video montage had me broken down. Dwight has one of those arm chairs, the kind the wife wants to get rid of but it is his personal chair. The kids were piled all around him on it, and the home video has him saying, this is what life is all about.

The kids are still in shock and disbelief, and Joy is a shell of her former self. It is all so very sad. If you can drop a prayer for them, they really really need it.

DS had a horrible drop off at daycare this morning again. I hate this, really really hate it. How much damage am I doing to him, and our relationship by making him go?

Comments

Leslie said…
Definitely keeping Dwight's family and friends in my prayers. I can't imagine the pain they're feeling.
Cassandra said…
Thoughts and prayers to you and Dwight's family. I hope you had a nice Easter!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince