Hammer Time, Sledgehammer time

1) My Mom's condition has deterioated. She has not kept anything down since before she got ill on Wednesday. After surgery she was throwing up steadily, and coughing so much it was making me ill to hear her. Nothing would calm down the throwing up, they tried many different medications. So they have now tubed through her nose, into her stomach, and are sucking out all the blood from there, rather than having her throw it up. She is also wearing a cathetor to try and measure her output. She is on IV's yet, and her coloring is grey. She is 71, not in the best of health to start with. I am very scared.
2) Our friend Dwight passed away. We got the call on Saturday. He has been ill since just after new years. Three months exactly and he died. We are talking about a strong man, a man that has never smoked, drank, abused his body in any way. He is a husband, a father to five children between I think 8 and 18. He is the godfather to our two children. He loved motor sports. He owned a parts store here in town. He also drag raced for years. The car that my hubby used to pit crew for. The one that we travelled all over racing with back in the day. He was a record holder with the car for many years in NHRA. He was a very Christian man, and totally believed in God's will. My prayers go out to his children and his wife. His brother and extended family. My husband is totally broke up about this. This affected him very deeply. Dwight is only a couple of years older than DH.
3) I feel totally hammered, like been hit with a sledgehammer. I just started new meds a couple weeks ago to deal with depression. And then all this happening just makes me not even be able to function.

Comments

Cheyenne said…
I am praying for your Mom.

Sorry for the loss of your friend.
Leslie said…
You and your mother are in my prayers. Please email me with an update when you have one.
Paula... said…
Both you and your mum are in my thoughts - pleae keep us informed! I'm also so sorry to hear about your friend - when things like this happen so quickly it always seems harder IYKWIM. Once again my thoughts are with your family and his.

Take care.
Cassandra said…
Thoughts and prayers are with you sweetie!
April said…
I saw your post on Scrapjazz and I just wanted to say that I hope that your mom starts to feel better. I've been crossing my fingers for her!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince