My Mom

At 71 years old my Mom had to have her appendix out. If it wasn't so scary I could have laughed. (In fact I did). You just don't think of seniors having this hit them. I had mine out at 19, my sister had hers out at 15. My Mom waits till she is 71 and in poor health. Glad she is doing so much better. They took her down for surgery at 4:30 pm yesterday and she was back in her room at 9 pm, and was wanting food. That was a great sign.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes. After all our Mommies are our mommies.

Interesting though I was the one put in charge of notifying family of this. My sister that has not talked to me in years, had her son take my call, and then had to call back for actual info as he gave it to his mom garbled. My Mom has an older brother that has never acknowledged me, I ended up contacting his son, (i know him slightly through work) and asking him to tell his dad. My other sister that does not acknowledge me had to put up with me in Mom's hospital room. Talk about additional stress for me. LOL.

I am just relieved that my Mommy is on the mend.

Comments

Paula... said…
I'm so glad she is doing well - I haven't had my appendix out yet! It's times like this when everyone comes together and usually lets bygones be bygones IYKWIM.
Cheyenne said…
Glad to hear the good news about your Mom. I, too, still have my appendix. Hopefully I can keep it for a long time.
Jenny said…
Glad your mom is doing well. Familes can be very strange

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince