Monday Meanderings

Friday morning Mom called me at 9 to say she was getting released from the hospital. So I go up at 10 to pick her up. She is very tired, is being discharged. Well it was 2:30 before we got out of there. They kicked her out of her room at 10:30 so we had to sit in the lounge. It was you can't go yet for this, or that, or some other dumb reason. I had DD with me as she had no school, and thank heavens I had taken the Nintendo DS with us. What a joke that discharge was.
She spent the weekend at our house. Very tired, not moving well, in a lot of pain. Her mind is not together at all, and she would fall asleep in the middle of a sentence. Her feet are so swollen she cannot get her shoes on. SHe is wearing slippers. And we had snow Saturday night.

This afternoon is Dwights funeral. I did the sympathy cards last night for Joy and each of the kids, and his brother. We have been friends of the family for so long. It is just so sad that those five kids are going to grow up without a Daddy now. That is something that is raw with me as I grew up without one as well.

DD cracked last night and just sobbed. I think she finally just realized the graveness of how sick grandma was, that we could have had her die, that yes people do die when they have little kids, she cuddled up on my lap like a little kid and just sobbed. It was heartwrenching. SHe is a sensitive kid.

Last night after showers, and bed time, DS comes out of the bed room. "Mom, I have a problem". Whats wrong little guy. Look he says. There is a tent in his PJ's. Mom what is it, whats wrong, so I send him to his Daddy for that explanation. And DD pipes up, I want to know too. LOL. So glad DH was home to do that one.

We finally have high speed net at home. We signed up for shaw at home and now we have it. WOOHOO. I have a new email addy for home, but will still use my yahoo one for most stuff.

Comments

Paula... said…
Such a hard time for your family, it's only natural that it's going to "hit" at some stage. Hugs and reassurances is all that matters IYKWIM.

I hope your mum picks up and regains her strength - it's so sad watching them when they're a mere shadow of their former self.

Take it easy and I'll be thinking of you with Dwight's funeral {{hugs}}

Oooh and I'm so glad I don't have boys LOL - my DH gets it easy in that department ROFL.
Nancyroo said…
yay for high speed internet. And I'm sorry to hear about Dwight. Hugs!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince