Texas was so much fun





WOW: what a weekend.

I got picked up at the airport by Lori, Lori, and Leslie. I didn't even know who Leslie was, I had to turn her name tag around. She is so pretty and so young in real life. Nothing like her avator at SJ.

Then into the crop. I walk in and think to myself "oh, Ashley got her hair cut", then did a double step back as I didn't know Ashley was going to be there. I got introduced around, lots of hugs and hi's. Then I got turned around and there comes DTC towards me. I wanted to stomp my foot, and shake my finger and say "You B...." but I didn't I hugged, and cried and enjoyed my surprise. I knew in my heart she was going to be there, but I really doubted myself.

My book, I preworked a book, for pics of me and everyone. I wanted everyone to sign it and man it was like having teeth pulled. People that are scrapbookers should know how to journal, but man it was hard to get some of them to do it. The good news is I did get everyone to write in it for me, I get to pick the pictures up tonight and will be able to start posting tomorrow.

The nights in the pool were awesome. Only place the mosquitos wouldn't get me. I learned that mix is optional in Texas. Friday night I had tequila with salt chasers, and Saturday I had Captain Morgans dark rum that I shared with Jim.

I had a blast, I so enjoyed meeting these wonderful ladies "and men" in person that I have only known on line for years. I learned that people are much taller in real life than on line, and that those that complain the most about their weight, are all way skinnier than me.

Going to see the grassy knoll and going up in the tall ball to see the city was awesome on sunday. Thanks to Pinay and Becky for that. I finally got to see something of Dallas other than the airport.

I enjoyed myself, even though my anxiety was very high in group situations, I was okay with the one on one and small groups but not comfortable in the big ones. I am really shy, not sure anyone believed me before this.

Comments

Leslie said…
awww (wiping away the tears) you are so sweet to say that about me. and I don't believe for a second that you're shy...you were so bubbly, talkative, and fun to be with!
AshleyS said…
I was so happy we got to meet! And you seemed less than shy around me!!! :)
freida said…
SHY?? I could never imagine!Just from the photos, I can tell "what happens in Dallas,stays in Dallas"!!That city will never be the same.I am green with envy!
Kristin K Stock said…
AHHHHH you made me cry again.....THE BOOK ROCKS!!
Jenny said…
Looks like a fantastic weekend and your abum is great - what a great memoery

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school