Sadness in the world of racing

Long before I was a fan of Nascar I was a drag racing fan. Truly more than a fan an actual junkie. My boyfriend pit crewed on a car that held the world title for super gas comp. That took us to such places as Mission, Seattle, Arizona, and of course the two races in LA. I was the girl of one of the guys and had utter freedom while at the races. I could site see, I could do the top eliminator club, I could do the stands, or I had free access to the pits. The guys all new me, and it was so much fun, you were always safe. Well the racing family lost one of their own. John Force driver Eric Medlen died from injuries sustained in a racing accident. Gosh the girls were just little when I was around back then. It is a very sad thing. I am thankful that his suffering is over, and that he is in a better place. My sympathies go out to the Force families.

In the toy department at Walmart yesterday. There was a #24 barbie and a #8 Barbie but where oh where is my # 20 barbie? And speaking of which for someone who dominated most of bristol man it turned out bad. And I wish Jeff Burton would have nudged the Bushch out of the way, if the roles were reversed he would have been.

DH and a friend are off to Edmonton tonight to see Eric Clapton. I hope they have a good time. (yes Cassandra he says it was a fantastic concert, lots of guitar licks and bluesy music)

Comments

Cassandra said…
OOOH! I love Eric Clapton!!!

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince