Monday Morning

I am not too hot on Monday mornings.

DH leaves to go to work, the kids are resistant to getting back into a routine.
Mondays are a pain, plain and simple.

Today started out even better than normal. I wake up when DH left at 4:30. Just nicely get back to sleep and DD is waking me up telling me that DS has a bloody nose and he is writing on his dresser with it. I get up. There is definitely lots of red blood on the white dresser, but nothing on his face and hands. I clean him up, and he was clean, then I clean the dresser. Nothing on his pillow. Weird, but as it is 5 am I go back to bed.

I get up at seven and go to open the fridge and stuff from the top of the fridge cascade down onto me. I might mention that I have heavy pottery canisters on top of my fridge filled with items the kids are allowed only if Mommy and Daddy are around to surpervise. The fact that these heavy canisters cascaded down around me, I knew DD had been into stuff she should not have. I call her in the kitchen and she outright lies and tells me she didn't do it. Later on after a cup of tea, it dawns on me the paint I would not let her use on Saturday was up there, sure enough it is not there now. I call her back into the kitchen and ask her if DS nose really was bleeding or if it was paint. She refused to answer me. She is in so much trouble.

When I went to pick her up Friday from after school care, the attendant called me out into the hallway. (not good). My daughter, my lovely little girl, she STOLE from after school care. What the heck. I was absolutely speechless. Her and another girl asked to go to the washroom from the gym. Then they went to the classroom and stole game items and put them in their backpacks. Stealing at age 6. I feel terrible. She is grounded for a month, not allowed to play with the other girl, not allowed to play with the games at afterschool care, not allowed sleepovers at grandmas, and not allowed inside a store. From afterschool care, her and this other girl are not allowed together, DD has to be supervised all the time, and she no longer gets rewards or stickers. Then as my personal punishment for her, I made her use her money that she has been saving up to buy afterschool care a new boardgame. One that she will not be allowed to play with. That hurt her more than anything, cause she hoards her money. And when DH took her he made sure that she new she could have bought, that, or that, or that, but instead had to buy something for afterschool care. She could have gotten expelled, and that would have been horrible. What do I , a working mom, do with a expelled 6 year old.
Have I underreacted, overreacted or what. I know I am deeply disappointed in her. Her attitude has been off the charts lately, but to resort to stealing. Oh my. AND she could not even tell me why she did it.

I got a lovely phone call from leslemora yesterday. I wish the kids would have been quiet while I was talking. She offered me her spot at the Alabama Scrap Etc. Get together, apparently some SJ people nominated me, when she decided she could not leave her son to go. I love that group of people so much. If I had a passport I would have been there. maybe in '08.

I did a wonderful LO of baby Kaitlyn for scrapforum funk it up contest, but can't post it till voting is done tomorrow. Someday I am going to meet that little girl that shares my birthday is the gist of it.

Comments

Kristin K Stock said…
Just FYI....A little Nebraska race girl wanted you to come to SE really, really bad...and she might have something to do with the Lesle thing.....SHHHH
Kristin K Stock said…
OK I had alot to do with it....I am fessing up cause I love ya!
Anonymous said…
Hugs - my (almost) 6 year old is giving me fits, too! and in 2008, I think you, Lesle and me should be at Scrap Etc!!! Mona
Paula... said…
Ooooh Oscar - so much going on. I don't think you over-reasted at all with DD. Making her pay for a new game out of her own money hopefully hit the right spot and will make her think twice from now on. The saying "you've got to be cruel to be kind" is so right and in this case it may seem as though you're being hard and cruel, but it's the best way to teach such a valuable lesson that she will thank you for later on :)

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Using February 2024 Template Bundle by Connie Prince