Deciding to be happy

Someone said this week that when they get up in the morning they make a determined decision to be happy that day.
I read it, passed over it, but it stuck in my mind. Mi went back and reread it a few times trying to decide just what he meant.

I had a conversation with Alexis today.  It was a very heavy one about fear, and life, and death, during the conversation it came up that I always look on the bright side of things. I don't ever think I will need my ICD. I don't worry about death. I don't believe Alexis will ever have events or be symptomatic. I want to believe these things, and so I do.  Alexis said I live in a fantasy world. That it isn't right to do that. That I have to look at the worst case scenario and expect that.  If I dothat I can't be disappointed when it happens.  My outlook is for me not to expect the worst to happen to focus on the positive possible outcomes.  Is it fantasy, or is it just deciding to be happy every single day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school