What did you do?

I hate those words.

I get home push the button on the garage door opener and it doesn't open. I think out of batteries. Leave the vehicle with DS in it, in the middle of the back alley. And go in the little garage door to open it. Push the button and the door doesn't go up.

arggggg

I try everything I know to try and get it fixed.

Call DH, tell him not to get pissy, ask him how to fix it. He starts off at me, then I hear horn honking. Have to go and move the vehicle out of the back alley. Did I mention it is -15 with a wind chill of -28.

Call DH back, I get a typical male response. What did you do? arrrgggggg, he says pull the red thing and see if it works.... I tried that didn't work. Arrrgggg, So pull the other thingy. So he get pissed off and marterish, he says he will come in to fix it. Why the hell would he drive for over two hours to fix it, I can park outside for one night.

I see my neighbor outside, I ask him. He comes over we are trying to figure it out. Then he sees part of the opener not attached to the door. A bolt , a lock on the floor but no nut. He says do you have a junk drawer around. Nope.
He goes home and finds a nut that will fit, brings a tool, and gets it fixed. And says why do these things always happen when it is cold out. I say why do they always happen when DH is away.

I call DH tell him it is fixed, so he makes a big production out of saying fine he will turn around and go back to his Moms. I hung up.

I go pick DD up from Brownies, come home and see DH has called five times while I was gone. He calls again, and asks how it got fixed, I told him, he says oh so it wasn't anything you did. YA THINK.

It is going to be a tense freakin weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
LMBO. Poor Sherri and poor Myles. At least it was his mom who had to put up with the attitude that night. Imagine having the neighbour fix the door blew the wind out of Myles sails. Gotta laugh about that.

Popular posts from this blog

April 19 is a rough day

Well I made it and I survived it

Back to school